The mission of the Central Aroostook Council on Education (CACE) is to assist member schools in providing a quality education for all students, PK-16. In pursuit of this mission CACE has set the following priorities:
- Strengthen the collegial/professional relationship and communication between public schools and the University.
- Provide opportunities for the sharing of resources and maximizing the use of public funds.
- Improve pre-service and in-service education.
- Capitalize on the strengths of all partners
- Seek grants to supplement dwindling local-state-federal funds.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and to examine research through the lens of daily school experience.
- Develop a technology network to facilitate implementation of the CACE priorities.
CACE is a formal partnership comprised of MSAD #1, MSAD # 20, MSAD # 32, MSAD #42, MSAD #45, RSU # 39, Easton, School Union #122, MSSM and the University of Maine Presque Isle.
CACE is a registered non-profit organization with a board of directors comprised of the superintendent of each school system and the President of the University of Maine Presque Isle.